So, we have a question for you. Are you ready?!
When you redesign your website or your brand, what’s the point? Why are you doing it? What’s the goal?
Psst… we already know the answer. It’s to convert more customers.
Are we right?! ^
Here’s the thing: there’s absolutely no reason to invest in a new design for your business if you’re not trying to convert people into customers. No reason at all. That’s why investing in conversion-centered design is absolutely essential to the success of your entire project. Today, we wanted to dive into conversion-centered design so that you can trust in the design you’re embracing. Let’s go.
What is it?
Conversion-centered design is design that’s intentionally structured to encourage clicks, purchases, and sales. With conversion-centered design, you can build a website that intentionally gets visitors to become more than just visitors, and it’s key to scaling your business. Plus, it is way more than just a color palette or a logo.
Instead, conversion-centered design is made up of a blend of the following elements:
- The structure and wireframe of your website
- Your brand identity (logo, color palette, font, etc.)
- Your website copy and messaging
- Your website template
- Your calls to action
- Your user experience
How to embrace conversion-centered design in your website
There are a bunch of ways to embrace conversion-centered design in your website, starting with the template you choose and going all the way to the messaging you use on your CTA buttons. However, the most important thing you can do to embrace this type of design is to always, always design with your customer in mind first. What does your ideal client want? What are the design elements that are going to attract them? What is the message that’s going to encourage clicks or purchases or bookings?
Once you’ve started intentionally designing your website around your customer journey and your ideal client, it’s a lot easier to focus on that conversion-centered design. Wondering how? These are some of our favorite approaches to conversion-centered design that you can implement today:
- Get strategic about your above-the-fold content: To really and truly convert a customer, you want them to be instantly engaged… which means that you want to immediately attract them via the messages and designs that sit above the fold on your site. That above-the-fold content — i.e., any space, design, or messaging that first appears on your site before someone starts scrolling down — is prime real estate, and getting it right is essential.
- Create an enjoyable website: The most simple and effective way to embrace conversion-centered design is to make sure that the website experience is, in itself, enjoyable. Optimize your website speed, include high-quality images, and avoid anything that could frustrate a client (think: incessant pop-ups or weird scrolling motions).
- Pack it with value: It goes without saying that you want to be a source of value for your ideal clients… but it goes *with* saying that value-packing is actually part of conversion-centered design as well. Structure your website at every turn to add value, whether it’s through including opt-ins for freebies on your pages or it’s offering a resource page in your site menu.
- Keep your visuals simple yet effective: While visuals aren’t the only part of conversion-centered design, they are a big one! The visuals you include within your website and in your general brand need to be eye-catching and strategic, and that means that taking advantage of white space and designing with your customer in mind is key. (Psst… working with a professional designer is a great idea here!)
So, there you have it — our team’s favorite tips for building a website through conversion-centered design. After all, there’s truly no better way to get new customers than by doing it intentionally via your brand and your website… and we’re always here to help you do it.
If you’re ready to do an overhaul of your design — to center it completely and totally around conversion — you’re in the right place. Over here at Uno Dos Trae, we’ll help you create a beautiful, strategic design that will keep you from ever being embarrassed or unsure of your brand again. Plus, we’ll do it quickly. Find out more about our Design Days here.